Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm ending our dry spell with a less-than-angry post, but it's early yet in the year, and 'Tigger' at Disney-world already hit a kid (posting later now that Landry has told me about 'furries')... so you'll all have to deal.

The last couple of months have been a funny haze. I'd like to assume it is the tail end of settling into my new life, but we all know that isn't likely to be true. I can say with certainty that the last couple of months have found me back to list-making, and a focus on what I want and need. No longer stumbling through the good luck and paths that fell before me when I wasn't trying, just hiding... I spent the last few hours packing my apartment to tackle moving next month. I miss a man who is too far away tonight who makes my family - and Landry - laugh in a way that comforts me and think of the future again. A future with all the fun rage and betrayal that makes me more interesting to talk to these days, but a future where I can ignore it too.

I watched fireworks on New Years Eve and didn't bat an eye. This portends well for my year.

1 Comments:

Blogger k o w said...

I didn't even get outside this year to see the fireworks. My lazy ass watched them on tv.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home