Wednesday, June 28, 2006

...throw rocks at them.

ahhh, and it was only a matter of days before New Gormley realized it was a really shitty idea to dry out this week.

Actually, according to "Landry's Theory of Quantum Detox"I have only been dry one day since you could lick me and taste sangria when I woke up Monday morning. Charming.

There are dumb people in the world. There. I said it. You know you've been secretly thinking it. People who can't see past the decisions in front of them. People who start falling down a hill before realizing its a really fucking huge hill sometimes. I have, to be fair to all the dumb people, been guilty of such things.

I have been dumb myself. There. I said it.

However, I can count on one hand (since both are cocktail-glass-free for the forseeable future) the amount of times I have done impossible damage and kicked someone down the hill ahead of me. Hmmm, twice? I have a friendship breaking apart and don't know how much tape and glue I've got left. And? I fucking didn't label the boxes so who the fuck knows where it is anyway...

I take pride in the fact that I have a fistful of friends who always have my back. No questions, no doubt. We get wrapped up in each others lives. We get wrapped up in our own selfish lives too... but there on call any hour. Success, failure, love, hate...LOYALTY.... simple TRUST for fucks sake... ...all on the table, all the time. Do we hesitate sometimes before putting our cards on that table? Totally. But they get there, and we open ourselves to the support and criticism. We know when to push each other and when to back the fuck off.

My mother is a perfect example of this. The last year has been hard. Really fucking hard. With one word from me she can sense the slightest waver to know if I need to be supported and told that "everything will sort itself out", or "get the fuck up and fight."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a general rule, I hate people.

There are some notable exceptions.

But not many.

10:23 AM  
Blogger gormley said...

I so owe you a phone call back...this weekend?

11:33 PM  
Blogger gormley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home