Sunday, September 10, 2006

salt and acid II

i am checking out tomorrow.

its bad enough that since i live under the flight pattern of laguardia, when there is a little more cloud cover than usual, it sounds as if the planes are landing on my roof. But having to endure what seems tantamount to a celebration in downtown Manhattan when we don't even have a proper memorial is more than my delicate soul can bear. I was going to get all political about it but im wiped out tonight and i have done just about all the thinking im going to for now (maybe i will change my mind tomorrow)

i am generally well adjusted at this point to the emotion of all that.
but not 3 weeks ago i was on the train with my Metro, reading the transcripts of the calls that were made to 911.
The NYtimes along with some of the family members sued to have them released in their entirety.
I wept.
Out loud.
on the train.
i had no tissues.
i had to wipe snot on my sleeve.

but what i noticed as I was feeling like such a dope was that there were other people with their Metros also tearing up and some of them crying.

I didn't see anyone wipe snot on their own sleeve though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always wipe snot on my sleeve if you need to.

11:09 AM  
Blogger k o w said...

Isn't wiping your nose exactly what the Post is for?

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home