Tuesday, August 22, 2006

you DID name her Regan...

Nikki is my best friend of now, over 20 years. She has 2 kids. Jack(5) and Regan(2).
we emailed yesterday.


nikki: Summer classes over, fall starts in a few weeks.
I'm trying to spend as much time with the kids as I can these next few weeks.....kindergarten right around the corner.
Although what the fuck they do with 20 five year olds for 2 hours and 27 minutes is beyond me.

landry: i have no IDEA what they would do with them.
duct tape?

nikki: DUCT TAPE!
brilliant.....

as for the monster girl, she is that, exactly. Here's an excerpt from last week:

Regan: "Mommy, can I watch this?" (holds up random children's movie)

Nikki: "Um, Yeah, sure...."

Regan: "Does it have a bad guy???"

Nikki: "Uh, yeah, I guess...."

Regan: (getting breathlessly excited) "Is it the baddest guy in the whole world?!?!?!"

Nikki: (a little frightened) "uh.....maybe???"

Regan: (now shrieking like a loony) "Cuz I only wanna watch the baddest guy in da WHOLE WORLD!!!!"


i think Nikki should maybe do a little guest posting stint.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her Mom did date a lot of bad boys....

4:41 PM  
Blogger landry said...

please.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so punk rock then....

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes....we were all so punk rock then....

I, however, just spent an afternoon front row at a Wiggles concert, close enough to bring any preschooler to his scabby little knees. So, clearly, I am *still* very, very punk rock.

God help me.

-nik

9:54 AM  
Blogger landry said...

jj–
by "bad" you must mean their haircuts.
we may have been 'punk rock' but between the lot of us we had no fashion sense.
and for some of us that hasnt changed (coughwhitesatinshortscough)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home