Monday, August 21, 2006

My constant bf amid all the non-bf’s.

I had one of those perfect mornings today… and while it has been quickly wiped away by insane project managers, I remember the feeling.

This morning I fell in love with NYC again.

Not in a general way, but in the aching, filled up way you fall in love with a bf. Of the “can’t wait to throw your arms around it and kiss the hell out of it”-variety. The “breathtaking/chest-crushing”-variety.

The coffee, the egg-and-cheese, the cool air, the comfortable jeans, and also the sun on 10th street no doubt contributed. But literally, I was in love with the city today… as though it was a person who I fell back into.

When I’ve had that feeling in other cities, in other years, it was remembering this: That NYC with all of its support and rough edges has always been my bf. Eff every other one of them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it doesn't hurt that today is a rare August day when we aren't sticking to everything.

4:06 PM  
Blogger gormley said...

It's true... I think ity was mostly the warm sun/cool air combo. 10th street was literally lit like a cheesy romance movie set.

4:34 PM  
Blogger k o w said...

Yeah but will the city buy you drinks?

8:40 PM  
Blogger landry said...

no it won't
but she has me.
i will always buy her a drink.
and she doesn't even have to put out.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home