Sunday, August 20, 2006

i hate that spider...

Landry and I scampered off to Fire Island and returned, sun-drenched (L:burned), today.



Gormley: A few things occurred:
1. I got bit by about 50 mosquitos.
2. Landry didn't get bit at all but has cancer due to the slathering on of DDT from a container whose language we couldn't read.
3. During a gorgeous rain storm in the middle of the night, a spider bit my eyelid and I woke up swollen on one side. Pretty.
4. I fell asleep to Landry reading excerpts from The Nick Tosches Reader.
5. We slept in the attic of a dollhouse with pink sheets and lace comforters. I felt like a doll... well, a drunk doll with a swollen right eye.

Landry: also?!? a few things did NOT occur
1. i did not have nearly enough to drink to be asked to endure straight people who eat something called "Fried cheesecake"
for the record: gays do not eat "fried cheesecake".

2. it did not bring forth any "motherly instincts" from me.
Truth be told I wanted to know why there were bigwheels on the boardwalk and what could be done about them.
"Don't you people in this community have a council that takes care of this sort of nusance??!?" ( i may have also tried to run one of them off the boardwalk into the deer pit)

3. I didn't kill anyone.
which, all considered, was a miracle.
between the stupidity, the yapping, the fraternities, the firehhouse dancing, the drunken teenagers, the fat children with ice cream dripping from their jowls coupled with infinitely less to drink than i normally have, people really should have died.

Gormley: A few things were said:
1. "That little girl DOES NOT need a pretzel..."
2. "I welcome Armageddon."
3. "Do you have a grenade in your bag?"
4. "We aren't flying, we could have brought something sharp."
5. Bartender, Nicky's CLAM SHACK: "You guys can take your drinks on the ferry... just put these paper bags over the bottles..."

Landry: all tolled, our hosts were charming and incredibly accomodating. The conversation was some of the best and most interesting I have had in a very long time and never in my life have i been interested in a mojito before this weekend.

but.
i will never venture that far west on the island ever again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like i missed a good trip. at least i got to learn that white supremacists might be right in a few cases. and that nj crawled out of her wine box long enough to fill me in on lifestyles of minorities, including the next door neighbor. apparently.

8:53 AM  
Blogger gormley said...

I'm so glad I missed that trip... sounds like I would have dragged a few of them into the ocean... and not the suicidal one.

12:52 PM  
Blogger cb said...

Ok- just for the record:

some gays DO eat things like 'fried cheesecake'. We do it when we are particularly self-loathing after a breakup or because the no carb diet thing gets to be too much.

2:10 PM  
Blogger landry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:44 PM  
Blogger landry said...

hahahahaha
i IMPLORE you to cease and desist with the fried cheesecake eating!!!!
jesus...i mean, go on a sex binge or something.
just step away from the poor, cholesterol infused cake!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just almost pised myself.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She'll be my mirror
Reflect what I am
A loser and a winner
The King of Siam
and my Siamese twin
Alone on the river
Mirror kisses

God damn those are some fine ass lipses tucked underneath the shadow of that black hat....

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home