Saturday, October 21, 2006

mmmm, coffee.

I slept until 11 today... I think the cool air and my tired head combined forces. Had I not heard squealing children and someone's circular saw... I was good for another hour or two. Fabulously unlike me and my normal 7:30 rising.

When I went to get coffee I passed by the schoolyard with the aforementioned squealing children, and watched with amusement as very tiny boys kicked soccer balls at very tiny shrieking girls who were lined up against the wall like a brothel. I thought... "oh you poor little boys, you have no idea how much they're going to kick your ass in a year or two once they're done with pink and glitter..."

...and then for the first time ever I thought it might be fun to have a little girl someday. I'm guessing it will pass since I don't actually like little girls.

2 Comments:

Blogger landry said...

children of any ilk are not generally on your list of things that you really like.
not in the same way like you like beer.

12:28 PM  
Blogger gormley said...

so sad, and so true. At least if I had a girl I could name her Stella.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home