Sunday, October 15, 2006

ouch.

For the second time in three weeks, my hands again look like I kicked someones ass. Not a bad look when you can carry it off.

I can feel every single one of what must be 50 small muscles in each arm.

This morning when I woke up it hurt to hold my coffee mug, but only if I held it in my left hand.

Using a pitch fork, the four of us ripped the shingles off the roof of the new house this weekend until we couldn't stand up or move without whimpering.

To see Melissa smiling like that - I'd do it again tomorrow, if I could make my hands hold a hammer. The weather was perfect, the beer was cold, my father made us laugh like no one on earth can. And it was good to get it done. I'm home, and getting ready for dinner. Silk dress and heels... the contrast of my looks for the day is not unnoticed by me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and obviosly you kickass. half the house wouldnt be done if you werent there. ismael and i are in love with you.
oh and i think i get to be shingle bitch this weekend.

xo

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home