Thursday, September 28, 2006

karmic cheat sheet

We all need one. This year I need one laminated in my pocket at all times. As Landry, L and I sat at La Linea (The bar whose saving grace is the fact that we can drink half price drinks WHILE sitting at window stools facing AWAY from the skanky patrons INSIDE the fucking bar), I maintained that saving worms allows me to hate small children. The following is my thinking:

1. Saving one worm on a rainy night = killing a screaming child from the playground below my window at 7:30 am halfway. Obviously you want to find two worms.
2. Walking around pigeons on my way to work who are scrounging for old crumbs so as not to interrupt them = wishing those who have betrayed me a run of bad luck.
3. Saying hello to a dog with a crappy owner, PLUS being a true friend to one cat (I'm looking in your direction, Theo) = being manipulative at work to speed up what clever alone cannot do.

You get the idea. I need a laminator. And more worms.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont laminate the worms.

7:46 AM  
Blogger gormley said...

I'd definitely try laminating one of the screaming children before worms. Any day of the week.

Talk to you at 1pm.

xo

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One cat?

Everyone I know hates cats.

I love them...more than most dogs, even.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

harsh

3:02 PM  
Blogger gormley said...

ahhh, but true. I think we need to stop allowing anonymous posts... who is this one from?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Emma Christensen said...

Ohh, ooh, my turn! Ok...Five minutes of Really Listening to the crazy lady who's always at the Farmer's Market on Tuesdays and pretending like she's not actually a crazy lady = five minutes of secretly hating my co-worker for the way she laughs and also the way she stands with her mouth open.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a laminator.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home