Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dog devours girl.



Breakfast (pictured above) doesn't realize how large she is. She has however mastered a very clever (seemingly) plan to mask her brilliance (assumed) with the sort of dopey daft charm normally found in awkward-but-pretty teenage girls, or a really really stupid child.

She is breathtaking to watch run. She has as much gray hair as I do and easily a good 30 pounds on me. She does this funny thing where she leans into you... and I mean full-on 140 pounds of muscle and charm. She lets me pet her when shes sleeping (no mean feat), and never barks at the comings and goings of the house. Her bark, when Landry gets her to do it, is the sort of barrel-chested, sternum-shaking bark you would expect from her massive rib cage... and she often follows it up with a gruff 'harumph' just to let you know shes not finished being surly.

It made me sad for a long time that she didn't recognize me the way Moufa did. The way his eyes would light up when he recognized me in a crowd rounding the corner to meet him and Landry on a walk in Bklyn. The absolute glee was written on his face. Tonight? I think she just pretends not to recognize me. Because she ran at me like she meant it on our walk home. Just for a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home